Total run time: 7:15 minutes
Presenter: Patty Colston (Communications Manager, California Student Aid Commission)
While Financial Aid for college is a topic of particular interest to upper grade level students in high school, this presenter from the California Student Aid Commission contends that it is not too early for even parents of elementary students to become familiar with future options. The videos make clear that parents should begin to “sow the seeds” early in the minds of elementary and middle school students about the importance of strong academic performance throughout their schooling experience. This will help their scholars be competitive for the best scholarships and other financial aid upon high school graduation. Video topics in this section include:
- Are financial resources available for students interested in occupational or vocational training?
- What are the steps in the financial aid process?
- What does the Student Aid Commission do?
- How does income tax information get included in the student’s financial aid application?
- Is assistance available to parents who are completing the financial aid applications for college?