Total run time: 10:03 minutes
Presenters: Ryan Numela (Master Science Teacher, Fortune School of Education), Kim Howard (Principal, Fortune School)
These videos address the importance of mathematics and science as academic disciplines. The discussions offer suggestions to parents regarding ways they can help encourage their scholars to have an interest in science and math as they have important implications for their careers in the future. Video topics in this section include:
- How does learning science relate to future jobs?
- How does mathematics relate to science and how can parents encourage their child to practice math and science at home?
- How does reading relate to science and how can parents encourage their child to practice both topics at home?
- How important is it for schools to teach science?
- What should parents do if their child has a problem learning mathematics?
- What are ways parents can stimulate scientific exploration at home?