Author: Dr. Rex Fortune and Margaret Fortune
Publisher: Fortune and Associates
The Parenting Practices Binder is a training guide with materials for educators and leaders to use for parent academy trainings. The entire 3-ring binder, with our included training materials, can also be used as a handout to give parents during a parent academy training session, for the parent to use at home as a tool to prepare their children for success at school.
The Parenting Practices Binder includes the following:
- Large 3-ring binder, with inside pockets to hold additional materials.
- 1 “Guide to Planning” training guide that includes a sample agenda for half-day or evening trainings.
- 1 copy of our Parenting Practices Booklet (English/Spanish bilingual version).
- Pre-labeled binder divider tabs to organize and hold your school-site’s specific information. The topic titles that are pre-printed on the divider tabs include Parent Involvement; Attendance; Behavior; Academics (with additional printed subject information tabs for ELA (English Language Arts), Math, Science, and Ed Tech (Education Technology); and College and Career Information.
- Removable handouts for parent group discussion.
- Printed hardcopy of presentation on parent involvement.
- A list of parenting practices videos available in our Online Parenting Practices Academy Video Series (video series sold separately on this website).