Total run time: 11:23 minutes
Presenter: Laura Deniz (Program Analyst, Fortune School of Education)
These videos describe the importance of on-time, regular school attendance. The videos describe the relationship between school attendance and academic performance in school. The videos discuss who is responsible for the scholar’s attendance. They offer advice about having a plan and a back- up plan for assuring that students can get to school. Finally, there are tips offered to parents for improving student attendance. Video topics in this section include:
- Are there attendance incentives at school?
- Best tips to improve school attendance.
- Can a parent share carpooling responsibilities with other parents to transport their children to school?
- Should a parent notify the school if their child is going to be late?
- What are the consequences of a child being chronically late for school?
- What if there are other problems causing poor school attendance?
- What is considered poor student attendance?
- When does student attendance become an issue?
- Who monitors my child’s school attendance?
- Who should be responsible for school attendance?