Total run time: 22:05 minutes
Presenters: Dr. Teresa Aldredge (Counselor, Cosumnes River College), Pam Blaco (Associate Director, Transfer Opportunity Program, University of California, Davis), Melissa Muganzo (Academic Advisor, California State University, Sacramento)
Presenters in these videos represent three systems of higher education in California: community colleges, state universities and the University of California. Presenters briefly describe each level with respect to eligibility and opportunities to transfer from the two-year community college program to a four-year institution. Finally, presenters offer tips for parents and students who are planning for college. Video topics in this section include:
- Four tips to help parents prepare their child for college.
- How to include scholarships in the plan for college.
- How important are internships in the preparation for college?
- For a student interested in social work, what are some appropriate college majors?
- Does community college prepare students for health careers?
- What other educational opportunities should parents offer their children?
- How can students make the most of their college experience?
- What are some student services that the University of California offers to meet the broad array of student needs?
- What are some critical questions that students should ask themselves as they plan for college?
- What must students consider as they consider transferring from a community college to a four-year university?
- What academic skills should a student develop during their kindergarten to grade 12 years to best prepare them for college?